Monday 25 June 2012

Dreamweaver time


Shopping List
Dreamweaver stencils :-
Jungle Leaves LJ825
Hibiscus LJ827
Mercart metal sheets green, navy & red
Embellishments pins
Woodware 1" Monstera punch
8"x8" card blank
Navy pearl card
Buckle brads
Peel off- Words 90549
All available from:-www.woodware.co.uk
This week I've been having fun with some of the gorgeous Dreamweaver stencils. I've used them in conjunction with some Mercart metal sheets & my Cuttlebug. The metal sheets are available in a whole variety of colours & are great to sand after embossing as they are double sided. Firstly I covered the whole of my card blank with navy pearl card & then embossed the navy sheet using the Jungle leaves stencil. You'll need a silicone mat for your Cuttlebug & you may have to use some shims of card too, it's a bit of trial & error until you have the pressure just right to produce beautiful embossing. If you're used to using embossing folders for your embossing needs check out the Dreamweaver stencils on Woodware's website, there are some stunning designs & of course you can also use them with Dreamweaver embossing pastes too. I have sanded the navy sheet to reveal the "aged" silver effect but I chose to leave the red & green panels unsanded & these I have embossed using the Hibiscus stencil. As you will see I have had a great time cutting & piecing together various panels  to create an almost scrapbook feel to my card. The metal sheet is great for curling & punching too.As embellishments I have added the Dreamweaver embellishment pins which come in a variety of colours & are very much in vogue at the moment for crafting. I have also added some buckle brads & the inspirational words come from the "Words" peel off. For the finishing touch I have punched some leaves using the monstera punch which I think you'll agree looks really effective. 


No comments:

Post a Comment