JGS426 Walking Boots.
Brilliance Graphite Black.
7” x 7” white card blank.
White shrink plastic.
Sakura Bruynzeel coloured pencils.
3” & 2.5” circle punches.
All available from:-
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
33 Exeter Road
Exmouth EX8 1PT
It's "Hobby" week & there's a great selection of hobby & activity stamps to be found in Woodware's new season of stamps. Now I'm going to confess here that this project you see today is one which I taught in a workshop a few weeks ago but I thought I'd share it with you now. Here's what I did......
1. Die cut a portion of a circle from the right front of the card blank from corner to corner. Using the print of an old ordnance survey map provided cut to measure allowing a border of approx 1cm to show on the card blank at the top & bottom of the piece. Don’t forget that you will need a piece left to punch a circle. Die cut the right hand edge as you did for the card blank. Now line up the map & trim a border at the left hand edge.
2. Dust the entire surface of the card blank with a blend of blue inks including the exposed part circle on the inside of the card so that you have an inked area inside.
3. Dust the map piece with brown inks to “age”. Attach to front of card blank. Randomly print footprints from “Walking Boots” with & add foliage from “Herbs”. Add brads to left hand corners.
4. Using the piece of canvas & Brilliance print “Rucksack”. Colour with pencils taking time & care over shading. Cut out & mount to card blank with foam pads/tape.
5. Stamp “Walking Boots” onto shrink plastic with Stazon. Colour softly & lightly with coloured pencils. Don’t forget the colours will darken when heated & shrunk. Cut out boots.
6. Dust boots with an anti stat pad to prevent sticking. Using a heat tool shrink the plastic. When shrunk flatten with an acrylic block while still pliable.
7. Punch a 3” circle from the remains of the map. Age with brown ink. Print sentiment towards the top of the smaller circle & dust with brown ink. Attach to larger circle with foam pads. Attach boots to the bottom of smaller circle. Attach the whole piece at the left hand edge only to front of card blank to protrude over inner inked part circle.
8. Attach Hessian to inside right edge of card blank.