Hi everyone it's my turn on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog today with some samples from the July Hochanda show when the Christmas stamps were launched.
So today I have gnomes for you, namely A Tomte Christmas
My first design is a tri fold card made from Kraft card. For the backgrounds I have taken a piece of White Silk Board and I have sponged with Distress inks Wild honey, Fired Brick and Chipped Sapphire. I splattered with water and mopped with kitchen paper to remove the ink. I then over stencilled with a swirl and snowflakes. The gnomes were stamped with a black inkpad & water coloured with Distress inks. I stencilled snowflakes onto the centre panel before adding the sentiment which was stamped onto a punched label. The embellishments at the corners have been made with clear 3D pads and transfer foils.
For my second design I have taken 2 stamps and made them work together which they do so beautifully. I've taken a piece of White Silk Board again & stamped with a black inkpad. I water coloured this time with mica paints to give a lovely pearly look. The image was mounted onto silver mirror card and then onto a wider piece of black sparkle card before attaching to a white 5" x 7" card blank.
Next we have a monochromatic look which gives a night- time look to the design. I created the background by giving a piece of card a fairly wet wash with blue Distress ink and then sprinkling with rock salt. Leave to dry naturally and then brush off the salt. I love this technique as you never quite know what you'll get. I've coloured the 2 stamped images with water- based pens in a selection of blue shades and highlighted the white areas with white gel pen. The 2 panels have been mounted onto navy card before attaching to a white
5" x 7" card blank and I've added some punched snowflakes to finish.
For my last design I have used the trio of gnomes and stamped with a black inkpad. I stamped the first 3 at the centre of the card and then masked this using Pebeo drawing gum. I then stamped more gnomes to each side and then rubbed away the drawing gum before colouring with water based pens. Then sky has been coloured with Distress inks and then I used a stencil and a baby wipe to remove some of the ink to give a snowy effect. i edged the image with blue ink before attaching to a 6" x 6" white card blank. The sentiment was stamped at the top and bottom using a blue inkpad.
That's all from me for this time. Thanks for visiting today.