Monday 24 June 2019

Everything's Hunkydory !!

A few weeks ago I had a lovely surprise & was invited to write a blog review of some of the great products from Hunkydory. Well I didn't need asking twice did I? There followed a very enjoyable evening (or 2!) perusing their great, very easy to use, website.
Now I must admit that I haven't been very familiar with many of their products & was a little under the misapprehension that it was mostly Decoupage, cardstock, paper pads etc. How wrong I was! Anyone who knows me knows I love my stamps & I was pleasantly surprised to find a great selection of Hunkydory  own brand stamps. So below is my selection (that took a while I can tell you because I wanted it all!!) & following are the designs made from all the yummy products. 


For the Love of Stamps:-
FTLS379 A HOUSE BY THE RIVER £8.00 &
FLTS417 COSY COUPLE £4.99

8 X 8 PAPER PAD FOXY103 FOXY & FRIENDS £9.99

DECOUPAGE SHEETS HFFDEC907 907 LARGE SUNFLOWER £1.99 &
HIDEC905 A NICE TIPPLE £1.99

SHA211 HEART GATEFOLD CARD PACK £2.99

"A Nice Tipple"

I started off with "A Nice Tipple" decoupage sheet. The card is great quality, beautiful gilding & very easy to pop out. Lots of very nice usable sentiments for any occasion plus decorative strips to enhance your design. I made 2 cards from the set &  I always like to gently shape the pieces with a large ball tool on the under side & go around the edges with a black/dark marker pen. I used silicone glue to put the pieces together as you can match the design easier & vary the thickness in places too.





Here I used  6 x 6 card & completely covered the front with the background sheet which comes with the set. I then used some of the decoupage pieces, added a sentiment & one of the decorative strips to complete a very pleasing card.


For my 2nd design I used a 7 x 7 card blank & cut away half the front from top to bottom. I then used another  piece from the background sheet to cover the piece remaining & mounted the decoupage topper onto green card which I then attached to the centre of the card blank by it's left side. To the inside of the card I then attached a strip which had also come from the background sheet. To complete I added some sentiments & decorative strips.





Large Sunflower

Next I decided to stick with decoupage &  work with the very pretty & elegant "Large Sunflower". Again very good quality & beautiful gilding & lots of scope to make more than one design from this set- I made 3! 
I incorporated some of the very pretty & versatile papers from the paper pad "Foxy & Friends" which lent themselves beautifully to the summery, feminine look of the decoupage sheet. As before I shaped each piece & got rid of the white edges






I used a 7 x 7 white card blank for my first design & covered the front with one of the papers. they are double sided so complement each other very well. Here I've used the topper & finished with a sentiment strip & a circular greeting. 



 This design is simply the background card & I've used it to make a topper which I've mounted onto pink cardstock & the background paper is also mounted onto pink. Just a couple of sentiments & you've got a very pretty card. It's an A5 card blank. 
  

I've cut an aperture in a A5 card blank & attached a piece of paper to the inside. I then used the rest of the decoupage on the inside of the card, added some punched butterflies, sentiments & corner pieces from the background sheet & you have card number 3.



A House by the River




Now here's a confession! I didn't know that Hunkydory made stamps! I know.... how could I have missed that?! They have a great range of photo polymer (clear) stamps covering all kinds of themes. Again very good quality, fine detail & easy to use whether on an acrylic block or in your stamp platform. I'm a lover of scenes & also water colouring so "A House by the River" ticked all boxes. There's a lot more to choose from in this range too so do check it out as just perfect for the men in out lives.
I was working on a 8 x 8 white card this time & as I said I have water coloured the image. I stamped onto water colour card stock using Versafine Onyx Black. When dry I applied Versamark over the entire image & then covered with clear embossing powder which I then heated for a clean glossy look. The stamp set includes 2 useful sentiments one of which I've used at the bottom. I've used papers from "Foxy & Friends" again for this & to punch some small leaves which I have placed around the edges of the frame.   


 Cosy Couple

The second stamp set I chose is this cute & quirky one, I'm always on the lookout for stamps with a touch of humour & again Hunkydory did not disappoint. There are several other stamps in this range so if you're looking for stamps to raise a smile check these out.
I used this stamp in conjunction with "Foxy & Friends" paper pad & also a pack of pre die cut  gatefold heart shaped card blanks, 300gsm. Here again Hunkydory have a whole range of card packs in various shapes, sizes & themes & excellent quality.

For my design I used mostly papers to paper piece the stamped image & the paper pad has ideal papers for this technique as most have a small pattern. One word of warning is the inkpad which you use. The papers have a slight glossy finish so an ink like Versafine will not dry so I used Brilliance Graphite Black & just set aside for a few minutes then you're good to go. I coloured the hair, faces etc with coloured pencils. I covered the card blank itself with 
co ordinating papers & added a die cut greeting on the outside. The stamp set comes with a lovely sentiment which I've used on the inside of the card.    






You can see the variety of paper designs which you get in this paper pad which measures 
8" x 8", has  48 sheets (3 x 16 different double- sided designs) & 150gsm. Great for any occasion even masculine cards.



Lastly, the gatefold, heart shaped card pack. 


I have to admit I haven't used a great deal of Hunkydory products before but I've been delighted at the variety, quality & diversity of their products. Not only that but they stock a whole range of other brands too so you'll find everything  you're looking for at www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk 

Thanks for stopping by & for reading my review. See you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment