Stamp set:- Hobby Art CS173D Snowman & Friends
Inks:- Distress inkpads- Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Evergreen Bough, Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy, Peeled Paint,
Versafine Onyx Black. Creative Expressions Colour Cloud Decadent Teal,
Other:- Stickles Red, Liquid pearl white. Green snowflake punch. Silver metallic ribbon.
S/A diamantes. “Falling Snow” embossing folder. Frosty Sparkle Glitter Kiss.
Ornate Bracket die
8 x 8 “Swing” card
An aperture has been die cut from front of card ready for you & the piece cut is what you will work on.
1. The internal mechanics. Take the piece of A4 white card, which has been trimmed to 7.5” wide & score at 3 ½” intervals starting from the right. From the narrow panel which is left cut a 1” tab at the top & bottom cut away cut in the centre of tabs. Fold these under & then fold the card mountain, valley style. Flatten out & place to one side.
2. Take the die cut piece & stamp robins at the centre using Versafine. Edge with Decadent teal very softly & avoiding Robins. Stamp holly sprigs in corners.
3. Using appropriate Distress inks watercolour the image & set aside to dry.
4. Take the embossed piece of white card & gently stroke Frosty Sparkle Glitter Kiss first horizontally & then vertically. Set aside.
5. Take the internal piece of card & stamp a robin & holly border along the bottom of the 2 panels at the right & centre. Paint with Distress inks. Stamp “Happy Christmas” above Robins on the right hand panel.
6. Softly sponge the edges of the front of the card blank & the inside right side of the card with Teal & a Smoothie.
7. Attach the sparkly embossed piece to the left of the inside right hand panel of the card.
8. Refold the internal piece of card & line up the centre edge where the tabs are at the centre point of the aperture. Using PVA glue fold the tabs under & glue in place.
9. Take the die cut stamped image & apply PVA glue to back of right side only & line it up in the aperture making sure it fits perfectly. Attach to internal panel.
10. Add glue to right hand edge of panel & close the card to position it before attaching.
11. Stamp “Robins” sentiment onto the strip of white card trim & cut ends to centre to form a banner shape. Edge with Teal. Attach to top left of front using foam pad in the centre & DS tape at edges to form a curve.
12. Attach silver ribbon to top & bottom of card blank using DS tape. Attach snowflakes, diamantes, Stickles to berries & Liquid Pearls for falling snow & snow on branches.
Holly & Robins (A5 card)
Additional materials:- Versafine Vintage Sepia, coloured pencils, glue pen & crystal glitter,
holly die cuts, s/a red pearls.
1. A scalloped oval has been die cut from the centre of the card blank.
2. Take a Zig glue pen & apply some glue to the scalloped edges of the aperture from the outside & apply some glitter. Set aside to dry.
3. Using the piece of flat white card stamp the Robins in the centre using Vintage Sepia.
4. Colour softly with pencils & add glitter to snow on boughs with Zig pen. Apply foam tape to right side edges of the piece taking care that it will not show when attached to inside of card blank. This will make image sit back into card.
5. Before attaching stamp Happy Christmas sentiment at bottom right of front of card with Versafine Onyx Black. Now attach the Robins to inside of card blank being careful to centre it properly.
6. Add some veining to holly leaves using a DEET, apply glitter with Zig pen & then attach to card at top right & bottom left.
7. Attach organza double bow to top left & add red pearls to holly.