Friday 6 February 2015

Chosen by Francoise...Sakura pens

Materials used:-
FRS288 Doodle a Flower
JGS379 Everyday Verse
Sakura Metallic Gelly Roll pens
Brilliance Graphite Black
Brown organza ribbon
A5 Hairy Manilla card blank
All available from:-
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
Liberty Craft
33 Exeter Road
Exmouth
EX8 1PT
01395 273238
libertycraft33@yahoo.co.uk
We have a new topic for you this year as over the coming months there will be a theme each month chosen by one of the design team. To kick us off we have "Sakura Pens" chosen by Francoise Read. I have chosen to use the Metallic range which I feel tend to get a bit over looked. These are richer & as the name suggests have a pearly, metallic finish to them. I've used one of Francoise new stamps sets "Doodle a Flower" which is a fun set to use as it has lots of petals, leaves, stems & little icons some solid, some outline. You can just let your imagination run riot making up your own designs. I've gone with one of the larger outline petal shapes & have masked as I went to over lap the petals & print the stems of the flowers. I then used the pens & let the colours run into each other while the gel was still wet. I've used a red, gold & burgundy for the flowers & 2 shades of green for the leaves. You may get a sketchier more uneven finish but I think for this particular design it fits. I've used the stem to print the pattern onto the card blank itself. The sentiment comes for Jane Gill's new set  "Everyday Verse" which has some lovely sentiments for every occasion. To finish I've simply mounted the images onto brown card before attaching to the card blank & adding the brown ribbon.      

1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely lovely, clearly so much care and thought has gone into it!

    ReplyDelete