Wednesday 9 July 2014

Woodware Retailer Challenge- The Poppy....as we remember.

 
Materials used:-
FRS228 Field of Poppies
Perfect Prints paper pad- Dusk
Brilliance Graphite Black
Tombow pens
Chalk inkpads
Black & red polka dot organza ribbon
Woodware s/a Ladybugs
Black Stickles
Glossy Accents
White 5 x7 card blank
All available from:-
 
Our July Retailer is Linda who runs LLinda’s Craft Shop in Laneham, North Nottinghamshire. LLinda’s is a shop full of inspiration and with regular paper crafting workshops. Linda is one of the talented bunch that qualified as Certified Dreamweaver Teachers earlier in the year. Llinda’s Blog will give you a glimpse of the goings on in the shop. You can find workshop details, directions and much much more on LLinda’s Website. As this is an important year of remembrance the theme that Linda has chosen is The Poppy….as we remember

This week's challenge takes me right back to Mallorca again as the island is awash with poppies in May & I just adore the sight of them. Here's my take on the theme & for it I have used Francoise Read's "Field of Poppies". I started by doing some "direct to paper" onto a piece of flat white card with some chalk inkpads & then stamped over this using Brilliance Graphite Black. I also stamped onto one of the lovely pages from the Perfect Prints pad & cut the poppies out. I coloured the rest of the image with my trusty Tombows before cutting out & layering onto black & red card. I then attached to the card blank & stamped the sentiment at the bottom. I gave the poppies some sculpting before sticking them to the image using some 3D foam pads. I gave them a nice glossy finish with Glossy Accents & set aside to dry.To finish I added some ribbon & the Ladybugs, lastly some tiny dots of black Stickles at the centres of the poppies. 

Be sure to pop over to Llinda's blog & website to see what she's been up to.... oh, you could leave me a comment too, please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment