Tuesday 22 April 2014

Blue is the Colour

Materials used:-
Dreamweaver stencil LG615 Large Vase  
Dreamweaver Glossy Blue &  Crackle embossing pastes
JGS 341 Mini Flowers
Woodware & Magenta 12 x 12 papers
Versafine Majestic Blue
Splendor inkpad Antique
Cotton ribbon - blue
Stickles Waterfall
A5 blue card blank
All available from:-
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
 
We're all blue this week but not feeling it!! As Jan at Japonica has recently become an accredited Dreamweaver tutor (well done Jan!) we're really getting into all things Dreamweaver at Japonica & loving the results. It's been great to get out my stencils & dust them off & I've learned so many new techniques from Jan's recent demos.
 
Here I have used blue glossy paste with the stencil for the  base for my vase & when it was completely dry I put the stencil back in place & applied a thin layer of the Crackle paste. As it dries the cracks begin to reveal themselves like magic! When all was thoroughly dry I again put stencil back in place & applied a little shading to the edges of the vase using the silver square from the Splendor inkpad (these pads have 12 different mini pads so perfect for colouring stencil work). I then cut out my vase & mounted onto my prepared card blank - you may want to use extra strength d/s tape for this to hold it really flat. As you will see I have randomly stamped one of the flowers from the Mini Flowers set all over the background of the card. I have then stamped the other flowers onto the various papers using Majestic Blue. Now cut out &arrange your flowers in your vase using 3d foam pads.To finish I have used a length of the new cotton ribbon from Woodware which has a distressed, shabby look to it  & I have just highlighted the flowers with some Stickles. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This makes a great card Debbie, love the old vase and the big flowers, great composition, and the crackle paste is perfect for this vase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan it's gone down a storm on the Woodware blog!

      Delete