Wednesday 5 March 2014

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge-Mixed Media/Winter

We are pleased to be playing along with the Crafty Card Makers and More… this week, the challenge will be open on their blog for two weeks. If you would like to play along with us please check the Crafty Card Maker rules then use the link on the Crafty Card Makers Blog to add your card or if you are not a blogger yet you can e-mail your card to me as usual Dorothy@woodware.co.uk  and I will post it and add it to the Crafty Card Makers and more… Blog
 
Materials used;-
Stampendous CRR143 Cling Snowy Postcard
Chippies Snowflakes
Hairy Manilla card
Frosted Lace & Stardust Stickles
Versafine Vintage Sepia
Frantage products:-
Shabby White & Shabby Blue embossing powders
Aged Marine & Aged Silver embossing powders
Chunky White embossing powder
Shaved Ice, Pearl Mica Flakes Silver Crushed Glass glitter
Extra thick embossing powder (utee)
All available from:-
Also:-
Clear Shrink Plastic
Acrylic paints
Artists canvas 
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
  
Time to play along with the ladies from craftycardmakers this week & their chosen theme is "Winter" using Mixed Media (a variety of techniques). OK so I got a bit carried away (Dorothy!) when given carte blanche which is what Mixed Media allows you anything goes.
So.... I decided to use an artists canvas which I have worked with before (pop over to my other blog & take a look at my Memory Canvases) &  create my own little piece of art. I'll talk you through what I did in stages:_
1. The canvas itself I printed using acrylic paints in white & blue using some bubble wrap. I then gave it the Frantage treatment with embossing powders, Shaved Ice, mica flakes & Glass glitter. Check out the new "Creative Palette" from Stampendous for mono printing & there is a great demo on Youtube by Fran Seiford.
2. The snowflakes I embossed using a mixture of the Frantage embossing powders.
3.For the stamped image I used Hairy Manilla card & Versafine, I added a little colour with some pencils & sprinkled a little Chunky white powder (heating from beneath the card) for a real snowy look.
4. If you look closely you will see some frosted leaves around the edged of the stamped piece. I die cut these from clear shrink plastic & shrunk them in my melt pot with some clear Utee. I allowed them to curl & twist & I added some Stardust Stickles.
5. Finally it was time to put it all together, add some more Frantage, the dots from the Chippies & some more Stickles.
Here's a closer look at some areas of the canvas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment