Wednesday 7 August 2013

What a Wonderful World

 
Materials Used
Stampendous CRR167 Cling Lion Crown
Colorbox Queues Sand Dunes & Pumpkin Patch
Versafine Onyx Black
Detail Clear & Copper embossing powders
Tombow pens
Card Candi- Tiger
Magic Foam
All available from:-
Your local Exmouth stockist:-


 We have the second of our Woodware Retailer's monthly challenges this week& it's hosted by none other than our own hugely talented Jan Caudrelier. Jan has chosen a song title for her theme & it's "A Wonderful World" which gives us all kinds of scope.
I've been itching for a chance to use this gorgeous, majestic lion stamp from Stampendous for ages & this theme just fits the bill.
Start by creating some  background using direct to paper technique with the earthy colours from the Colorbox Queues. I had my stamp close by as I did this some that I could see where I needed the sky etc. Set this piece aside to dry thoroughly while  you prepare the card blank.
 I've used an A5 ivory linen  card & I've created the background using a piece of Magic Foam & some grasses from my garden to create my own unique stamp. Head on over to Jan's blog www.japonicajan.blogspot.com where you will find out all about using magic foam as she was using it to create some fab designs in her demo on Thursday morning. We will also be having a week devoted to the use of Magic foam in a few weeks time so watch out for that. It's a great fun product to use which tend to be a little over looked but you can create some gorgeous designs with it. anyway I digress (as usual)!
When you direct to paper is dry stamp the Lion onto it using Versafine Onyx Black & emboss with clear powder. Next colour the lion & his surroundings with the Tombow pens to make him really stand proud.I have layered the lion onto a piece of dark brown card & I have separated the crown & quotation & embossed that at the right hand side of the layer. 
Now all that's left to do is to attach the image to the card blank using 3d foam tape & add the Candis.
 
Next week we'll be having Christmas blog hop with the creative folks at Dreamweaver so make sure you drop by & take a look.
I'll be kicking off the Christmas season with some new Woodware & Stampendous stamps for my demo at Japonica on Thursday morning so drop in & see what's new. Bye for now.
It would be great if you could leave a comment I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment