Saturday 31 August 2013

Funny Folds

 Materials used
JGS 316 Christmas Quilt
JGS 317 Many Christmases
Artquest palettes Stargazer & Interference
Kalaidacolor Birthstone
Versafine Onyx Black
Detail Clear embossing powder
Rhinestone border- Triple Wave
All available from:-
www.woodware.co.uk
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
www.japonicadevon.blogspot.com

Yeah sorry I'm doing Christmas again! Well there's all these lovely new stamps from Woodware & Stampendous & I'm just itching to play with them! Our mission this week is "something with a bit of engineering" to quote our illustrious leader, Dorothy i.e Funny Folds  (the theme for this week that is not Dorothy! )   I've made a "kinetic card" which is fun to play with & has a lot of potential once you have the mechanics right. I've started with an A4 sheet & I think you'll be able to see from the  photo below how to achieve the blank. 




OK? If you want any more help call in at Japonica & we have some copies of the template we'd be happy to let you have.
 
For the stamping I have used Versafine & embossed with clear powder. The colour is provided by the Artquest Mica palettes & I have chosen colours which compliment the colours of the Rhinestone border. The clear embossing "holds" the thick pearly paint in place so that you maintain a solid black outline. Both stamps used are the new season single stamps & both are background/samplers. Some of you may have seen me used Christmas Quilt in my demo the week before last (whiz over to my demo page, click on Deb's Demos over on the left side bar) & it certainly is a versatile stamp. This time I've chopped it up & used it as the main feature & as icons on their own too. The left hand centre panel is the other single stamp from Jane Gill "Many Christmases" which I have printed with Birthstone & again just used a piece of it. Now just add the bling! I just love these s/a sparkly borders there are some pretty pearly ones too. That's all for this week bye for now! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment