Monday 28 January 2013

Hearts & Flowers

Thursday was demo day as usual at Japonica & my turn in the spotlight again. Our theme this week was Vintage Hearts following on the heels of a recent blog week. In case you couldn't make it on Thursday here's a look at what my fevered imagination came up with.


 For this design I used the Ornate Heart stamp & the embossing was done with Aged Teal both products from Stampendous.



Next  I used an embossing folder & simply sponged with colours from Misty Meadow (Colorbox Queue set) & added a little "Frantage" technique in the shape of Aged Teal, Aged Ivory & Detail Copper embossing powders. The wording comes from "Paisley Spring" stamp set. Again all products except the embossing folder from Stampendous.


This is my favourite of the day. I started by sponging a 6" x 6" card blank with pinks & mauves from Misty Meadow & Rose petals (both Colorbox Queues). I then stamped over this with Magenta's "Foliage Swirl" using one of the darker colours from the Misty Meadow set. The swirl & hearts are Chippies & I covered the shapes completely with a Versamark pad before randomly embossing with Aged Wine, Aged Ivory & Detail Copper. The Happy Anniversary (from Stampendous) was embossed with Detail Copper.  


Finally we have a second outing for this gorgeous embossing folder & I've just used some silver mirror card to compliment it this time. The hearts come from "Paisley Spring" & have been embossed with Detail Silver, cut out & highlighted with Sakura Silver Metallic & Stardust pens. To finish just layer onto some matching card & add  a peel off greeting.

1 comment: