Wednesday 25 July 2012

Zentangle


Shopping List
JGS 256 Christmas Rose
JGCL 519 Essential Birthdays
Tombow pens
Versafine Onyx Black
Brilliance Peacock & 
Pearlescent Purple inkpads
Lime, sky blue & mauve chalk inkpads
New Blue Flower buttons
6"x6"  white card blank
All available from:-
Your local stockist is:-
Japonica
22 the Parade
Exmouth
Ex8 1RW
01395 271739
What is Zentangle I hear you ask! It is a recognised art form which consists  creating patterns within a shape. Anything goes just let your imagination free and.......doodle!!! You need to choose a fairly large open shape  for your Zentangle and I have chosen  one of Jane Gill's large single flower stamps from last year, the Christmas rose, although after my doodling I confess it looks nothing like. Firstly I created some background with a little direct to paper technique on some white card using a combination of the  chalk inkpads. I have printed  the rose twice and used a punched heart template to divide up a few areas of the petals.Using the fine ends of my Tombow pens I have chosen 3 complimentary colours for my patterns. I have used a little light grey shading around the edges of the petals before cutting around the flowers and leaving the leaves behind. I also gave the flowers a little movement using a DEET (double ended etching tool) and a Character Shaper before mounting them onto the card with foam pads. I have used the Essential Birthdays set to stamp around the edges of the card blank using the purple inkpad and then Brilliance Peacock  (a tricolour pad) to stamp the block message. Have you seen the lovely new range of fun buttons now available from Woodware? You know how I love my buttons and they were just what I needed to place at the centres of my flowers and at the four corners of the card blank. Hope you like my Zentangle, come on try doodling!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment