Friday 13 July 2012

Cottage Rose


Shopping List
CRS5034 Jumbo Cling Cottage Rose
CRN208 Cling Classic Anniversary
8x8 card blank
Aged gold & Detail Gold embossing powders
Tombow pens
Encore gold inkpad
Glossy Accents
Versafine Onyx Black inkpad
All available from:-
Your local stockist:-
Japonica
22 The Parade
Exmouth EX8 1RW
01395 271739

The Woodare designers challenge this week is to design a card which is neither square or rectangular in shape. I have gone for this 6 sided easel card which started life as a 8"x8" square card. I firstly cut a template & cut the card & an additional piece which will be the card front. I stamped the background using the flourish which comes with the Cottage Rose set using the gold inkpad. I then stamped the rose onto a separate piece of card & coloured with Tombow pens. I stamped several images & as you can see the rose lends itself beautifully to a little decoupage.  I edged the card with embossing ink & then embossed with the Aged Gold powder to give an antique frame effect. The Happy Anniversary was stamped & embossed using the Detail Gold powder & I have also used this to edge this & the rose bud piece which I have used as my "stop" for the base of the easel card. I have also "dappled" these 2 pieces with some tiny sprinkles of powder to give a more antique look. I have painted the rose & bud with Glossy Accents which gives a lovely enamelled look to the image.





No comments:

Post a Comment