Monday 11 November 2019

Vintage Ephemera by Debbie

Gosh don't the weeks just whiz by, can't believe Christmas is almost upon us again. It's my turn on the blog today and a chance to share my samples from the October show with all the lovely vintage themed stamps.
My first thought when I saw the plethora of lables, tickets and old postcards was to make a mini scrapbook so I began by making a "masterboard" in 2 complimenting colours. I took most of the small stamps from Baroque Ephemera1 and Baroque Ephemera 2 and placed them randomly on a large acrylic block. I used Distress Inks Wild Honey, Tea Dye, Weathered Wood,Frayed Burlap and Hickory Smoke to sponge over 2 A4 sheets of card. I then over stamped with the stamps on my block using Versafine Vintage Sepia to form a great background.


I die cut the 2 sheets then and stuck the 2 colourways back to back to form my mini scapbook. I used old family photos to compliment the general look and added lace, paper flowers, buttons, pearls, washi tape etc before putting all together with a book ring.
   




 Also featured in the October shows on Hochanda  was Movie Strip and I was really pleased how well this went with the Ephemera stamps.
For the next sample I simply white embossed the flower onto white card and added some black Brushos before spraying with water and letting the Brushos do their thing. I just love the fact that you never know what you're going to end up with! I stamped a few of the vintage stamps randomly using Versafine Onyx Black.




 I then took a 7 x 7  ivory card blank and stamped with  Versafine Vintage Sepia before layering the image onto orange card and attaching to the card blank.



For my final sample for this time I've used another lovely floral stamp Floral Grunge.
I took a white A4 card blank and masked the top and bottom with masking tape leaving a band in the centre approx. 3" wide. I then sponged Distress inks Wild honey, Peeled Paint and Rusty Hinge over this band and when the inks were dry I carefully removed the tape.
I used Floral Grunge to stamp  in 3 areas partly over the inked area using Versafine Onyx Black. I like the clean simplicity of this design.


A closer look.


That's all for this time but I'll be back later in the month with more samples. 
Bye for now Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment