Friday 6 September 2019

Houses of the World


Hi everyone it's my turn on the Design Team blog again today & I want to show you some of my designs from the August Hochanda show. 


I'll start with my calendar design which was really fun to do. I stamped  Italian House and Bridge House several times each using a black inkpad and just shaded softly with a grey pen. I then cut parts from each of them (see if you can spot them!) before layering them together at different depths onto some pale blue card using silicone glue. I then layered this onto Kraft card & stamped some foliage around the edges from Robin the Spruce & coloured using water based pens. To finish I added some punched cork hearts, a mini calendar & paper raffia.



For my second design I've chosen Turret House which is my favourite (don't tell anyone!)
I've embossed onto navy card using detail gold embossing powder & then stencilled a moon through a punched circle shape with a white ink. I then water coloured using gold and copper inks from pearl inkpads (Brilliance) before splattering white ink over the entire design. I layered onto gold card before attaching to a ivory 7" x 7" card blank. The sentiment was also embossed and cut into a flag shape, also layered onto gold card. To finish I added some gold metal embellishments. 


 
My third design features Italian House and for this I went for a snowy, frosty scene. I took a piece of flat white card and stamped the house at the centre. I then painted Pebeo Drawing Gum over the entire image to mask it. When dry (only a few minutes) I sponged some clouds and mountains onto the background using a piece of torn card and Distress inks leaving the bottom just white. I used a dotty stencil and white ink to add some snow. 

Next I rubbed away the gum and gave the house some light shading using a grey pen. I also added some snow drifts using grey. The sentiment was stamped using a dark blue inkpad.

I layered the design onto mid blue card before attaching to a 8" x 8" white card blank. To finish I added white liquid pearls to the house & snowy landscape and sprinkled with crystal glitter. I also attached some die cut "icicles" to the top of the design.


Thanks for visiting the blog today and I'll be back later in the month with more of my house designs. Bye for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment