Monday 22 July 2019

Words to Dazzle & Sparkle

Hi everyone it's my turn on the Chocolate Baroque design team blog today. I love all the great background stamps from CB & my first design is just concentrating on using Damask Panel
I started out by embossing 3 times on white card using a black inkpad & clear embossing powder. That done I got out my Distress inks & sponged Seedless Preserves & Salty Ocean softly over the entire area. I then cut around 2 pieces leaving a narrow border & then mounted onto black card.  The card blank is a white DL used sideways & as you can see I've attached one piece at the bottom right of the card & then turned the other piece up the other way & mounted it slightly over the bottom piece & standing up over the top of the fold of the card. I used 3D foam tape for this piece to give some dimension. From the 3d piece I die cut the tag & layered it onto some white card. The sentiment which has been stamped onto a punched circle comes from Words to Dazzle & Sparkle & I've edged the circle with a black pen. To finish I've punched 3 smaller circles, edged them also with black & attached to the bottom left.



For my next design I've used one of my favourites, the very useful Mosaic Flower. I'm a great fan of monochromatic designs using just one colour but this technique using a spot of colour works well to for quite a dramatic effect.
I've stamped twice & coloured one piece with  simply red & grey pens. I've then punched 4 circles from the image & again edged them with black pen. I've then simply over laid them onto the other image matching up the design carefully. The 5" x 7" white card blank has been randomly stamped with On the Tiles & a grey inkpad & the image mounted onto red card before attaching to card blank. The sentiment once again comes from Words to Dazzle & Sparkle





My 3rd design is a December birthday greeting using Hark the Christmas Rose stamped onto White Silk Board with black ink & embossed with clear embossing powder. I've water coloured with the gorgeous Koh-I-Noor water colour palette & mounted onto brown card before attaching to a 6" x 6" ivory card blank. To finish I've wrapped some baker's twine around the fold of the card. The cute birthday greeting comes from the newly launched Christmas stamps, Christmas Circles.




That's all for this time, see you again soon,Debbie



2 comments: