Friday 27 November 2015

Zentangle with Stencils


Materials used:-
Dreamweaver stencil LL358 Heliconia
Sakura Micron pen (02)
Grey inkpad
Black A5 card blank
Black & white card 
Craftwork Cards "In Circles" Everyday Messages
1" circle punch (yellow)
Mark Richards Black Nailheads
All available from:-
www.woodware.co.uk
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
Liberty Craft
33 Exeter Road
Exmouth EX8 1PT
01395 273238
libertycraft33@yahoo.co.uk
We're using stencils this week in conjunction with zentangling. I have to admit that this isn't my favourite thing to do as I'm not a natural doodler! I'm quite pleased with the results though. I simply placed the stencil onto a piece of white card, anchored it with stencil tape  & drew around all the outlines with the Micron pen. After removing the stencil, let the zentangling begin! If, like me, it doesn't come easily to you or you want to know more there are some great books around these days to get you started, have a look on the Woodware website. I used the stencil again to make a background for the design & I did this with some soft grey ink & a stencil brush. To finish I layered the design & background onto black & white card & added the sentiment which sits nicely on a 1" punched circle. Now attach to the card blank & add the black "Nailheads"


No comments:

Post a Comment