Saturday 10 October 2015

The Mirror Crack'd Challenge- A Wall Hanging

 Materials used:-
JGS415 Fluffy Robin
JGS414 Deck the Halls
JGS304 Kim's Coppice
Woodware Craft Canvas
Dreamweaver leaf die
Sakura coloured pencils
Versafine Onyx Black, Olympic green & Spanish green
Fluffy Stuff
Stickles Stardust
All available from:-
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
Liberty Craft
33 Exeter Road
Exmouth EX8 1PT
01395 273238
libertycraft33@yahoo.co.uk

 Other products used:
Stix2 Transfer foils
Stix2 die cut S/A sheet (Ultra sticky)
Stix2 "Create Your Own Craft Calendar"  
Distress inks


This week we join the crafty ladies from The Mirror Crack'd for their challenge & this time we've been asked for a wall hanging. Well I'm creating my own calendar for next year so what better for a wall hanging? I started by taking a piece of 8" x 8" craft canvas & giving it a colour wash with shades of blue,green & brown ink pads. When this was thoroughly dry (I left it over night but you can speed things up with a heat gun- gently!) I stamped our lovely robin using Versafine black. I coloured with Sakura pens & then stamped the background using images from "Deck the Halls"  around the edges with the 2 shades of Versafine green. I masked the robin to stamp the groups of trees from "Kim's Coppice" behind it & the apt sentiment for a calendar also comes from this set. The leaves in the bottom right corner have been die cut with the Dreamweaver die & foiled. As I intend to use this design for my January page I have added some touches of Fluffy Stuff & Stardust Stickles for a wintry, frosty look. To finish I have layered onto dark brown card.


Here's how the calendar looks


Why not pop over to The Mirror Crack'd to see what the design team have come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment