Monday 13 January 2014

Here's My Heart!


I'd been meaning to update this wicker heart for some time now so when I took it down in favour of my Christmas wreath it wasn't going back up until it had it's make over (I could do with one of those!).
Back last September I treated myself to a Melt Pot but hadn't really had time to play with it what with holidays, blogging, Christmas etc, etc. So when we were having yet another wet windy weekend it was a perfect time to get out all my Met Art stuff & go mad.
You'll see hearts - these were made from UTEE, moulding mats & cookie cutters. The butterflies were made from pouring melted enamel into a silicon mould. The large black & red flowers came from  a set of Nestabilities flower dies. I cut several sizes from plain red card, stamped with a leafy flourish stamp, sculpted & layered before assembling &  dipping into clear UTEE. The leaves you can see are made with Fimo & Martha Stewart sillicon moulds & I baked them in the Melt Pot which was handy. I painted them with Mica paints which did take a while to dry but worth it. The tiny birds were chip board shapes just coated with the black & gold enamel. Now just some random beads & a couple of touches of black ribbon & voila!! A new look to an old favourite.


Here's a closer look
 

















Here's how it looked originally


1 comment:

  1. And here is my new comment about your heart!! I am amazed at how you have rejuvenated this good old wircker wreath - it looks beautiful! Would you have time to make one for me for my next birthday---its in November!!!

    ReplyDelete