Tuesday 24 September 2013

Look What I Did With My Magic Stamp!

 
Materials used:-
Magic Stamp
Colorbox Queues chalk inkpads:-
Rose Petals, Misty Meadow & Sand Dunes
Woodware flower buttons
Baby blue polka dot organza ribbon
Peel off 93575 Big Birthday
6" x 6" white card blank
pink, lime & turquoise card for layering
All available from:-
www.woodware.co.uk
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
www.japonicadevon.blogspot.com
 
A few weeks ago in my "Wonderful World" post I used something called Magic Stamp (or Foam) & this week's theme is devoted to the use of this clever but little used craft product. It's a block of rubbery foam which when heated with a heat tool will retain the impression of whatever is pressed into it. When it cools it will "set" with the impression in place which you can then use to produce backgrounds & original art pieces. The list is endless of the surfaces & objects you can use which include string, buttons, paper clips, foil, lace, gravel, wood, leaves etc. etc ! I warn you once you start you won't want to stop! The neat thing about it is that if you're not happy with what you've produced you simply heat it again & like magic it will disappear. This also means that you can use each block over & over if you don't want to keep your image. If like me you can't bear to part with it it's very reasonably priced so you can have several blocks ready to use.
In the above design I've used a medley of the Woodware flowers buttons. Simply arrange on your craft mat, heat the foam gently until if pressed you can see the indentation of your finger & then press firmly down onto the buttons (or whatever).
I've used some direct to paper to create the coloured background before randomly printing with a darker ink with the block.
Simply layered with complimentary card colours, add some ribbon, the peel off message & some of the actual buttons to  finish. Go on have a go!   
 
Here's my block
 
 
 
Here are a few other effects I achieved while I was playing!




Rose leaves 



Grasses



Japanese maple

Ivy

 
That's all for this week hope you enjoyed a look at a different  technique

No comments:

Post a Comment