Saturday 8 June 2013

June Crafty Cardmakers Challenge- Father's Day


We are pleased to be playing along with the Crafty Card Makers this week, the challenge will be open on their blog for two weeks. If you would like to play along with us please check the Crafty Card Maker rules then use the link on the Crafty Card Makers Blog to add your card or if you are not a blogger yet you can e-mail your card to Dorothy as usual Dorothy@woodware.co.uk and she will post it and add it to the Crafty Card Makers Blog

Here's what I came up with for this month's challenge!



Shopping List 
Stampendous stamps:-
CRL249 Love Health Friends
CRE187  Simply the Best
CRR138 Calligraphy Sampler
CRW087 Navagateur
Kaleidacolor Creole Spice
Versafine Vintage Sepia & Majestic Blue
Frantage products:-
 Aged Teal & Aged Silver embossing powders
Bronze Mica flakes
Black Glass glitter
Boss Gloss embossing liquid
string
All available from:-
www.woodware.co.uk
We're making a gift for the men in our lives this week with Father's Day on the horizon. As I don't have my Dad now this one will be for Mr. Frosty & indulging his love of all things nautical  I've designed a keepsake chest that he can keep all his treasures in!
I've started with a plain balsa wood chest but knowing me I couldn't wait to get started on it so I  forgot to take a "before & after" photo but you'll know what I mean. I started by sponging all over with the blues & ambers from Creole Spice. When dry I stamped directly onto the chest with all the various stamps. The stamps couldn't be mounted onto an acrylic block in the usual way because of the curves of the chest & that's where a cling stamp comes in very handy-if you're careful & hold your breath!! For the decoration of the chest I plaited & coiled some string & aged it with the inkpads. I made some patches of Frantage on some card & just tore it into rough pieces before attaching with some craft glue. I also applied the Aged powders directly to the chest by adding some Boss Gloss - this has a handy felt applicator end so that you can put it just where you want it. I then added the powders & heat embossed in the usual way. finally I added some Bronze Mica flakes & black glitter. He's got no excuse for all those bits & bobs hanging around now!!








 A look at the top of the chest
featuring  Navagateur

1 comment:

  1. Wow Debs, this is stunning, I love the image and all the detail. Mr Frosty has no excuse for leaving bits and bobs around now! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete